DEENERGIZED MOTOR CIRCUIT ANALYSIS™ (MCA) TESTING INSTRUMENT
The MOTOR GENIE® analyzes many more components than a megohmmeter, resistance tester, or RCL tester, making it the perfect tool for troubleshooting, startup, and quality control of low voltage AC induction motors.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MOTOR GENIE®
The MOTOR GENIE® is a handheld motor tester that uses patented technology to troubleshoot low-voltage AC induction motors rated less than 1000V. It is capable of finding winding faults, including coil-to-coil, turn-to-turn and grounded windings. It also measures impedance, phase angle, current/frequency response, phase to phase resistance and insulation-to-ground resistance.
With its advanced capabilities, the MOTOR GENIE® outperforms other traditional tools such as the Megohmmeter, RCL meter and other resistance meters, which only provide measurements. The MOTOR GENIE® goes beyond measurement taking abilities and analyzes the condition of the motor. These conditions are sent to the associated mobile app on the user’s phone or tablet.
HOW DOES THE MOTOR GENIE® WORK?
The MOTOR GENIE® is easy and intuitive to operate with simple controls. Before you begin, make sure your motor has been de-energized to avoid any harm to yourself or damage to the instrument.
A quick 3-minute test will check:
- Resistance – Identify winding and cabling issues
- (Z) Impedance – Identify contamination or overheating issues related to motor winding health
- (I/F) Current/frequency response – Identify turn to tun or coil to coil faults
- (φ ) Phase Angle – Identify winding shorts
- Phase Balance – Identify motor winding issues. Unbalances lead to premature motor failures.
- Phase Resistance – Identify connection issues
- Insulation to ground conductor and ground issues
- Incoming & Outgoing motor inspection (tags) for new and used motors
- Troubleshooting cabling & motor
- Test hard to reach motors: submerged or overhead
- Safe low voltage test methods ensure greater safety
- Fast 3-minute test
- Portable handheld with long battery life
Included Accessories − Each ALL-TEST PRO MOTOR GENIE includes test harness with clips, and a user manual; Optionally you can get a soft carrying pouch and the free MOTOR GENIE app